Take It To The Box Campaign
- Read and follow all directions on medications
- Take the recommended dose, never more
- Keep medicine secure and locked up
- Keep medicine in the original bottle
- Expired or unused medication can be disposed in the county at a drop box location site or in the home with the use of a disposal bag
Permanent Prescription Drop Box Sites
24/7 unless otherwise noted. For more information on drop box location sites or to pick up your free disposal bag or lock box contact (716) 366-4623 or (716) 664-3608.
- Free and anonymous
- No questions asked
- Liquids and sharps (needles) will not be accepted
Jamestown Police Department
201 East 2nd St., Jamestown
19 S. Main St., Brooklyn Square, Jamestown
2000 Washington St., Jamestown
Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office
15 E. Chautauqua St., Mayville
Westfield Police Department
23 Elm St., Eason Hall, Westfield
Lakewood/Busti Police Dept.
20 W. Summit St., Lakewood
Fredonia Police Department
9 Church St., Fredonia
10220 Route 60, Fredonia (M–F 9am–7pm, Sat 9am–4pm)
City of Dunkirk Police Department
342 Central Ave., Dunkirk
3955 Vineyard Dr., Dunkirk
Town of Ellicott Police Department
215 S. Work St., Falconer (M–F 8am–4pm)
Hanover Town Clerk Office
68 Hanover Road, Silver Creek
Contact NY Connects Aging & Disability Resource Center: (716) 753-4582 Mayville area, (716) 661-7582 Jamestown area, (716) 363-4582 Dunkirk area.
This project was supported in whole or in part by funding from NYS OASAS through SAMHSA’s Partnership for Success! Grant U79SP020707-04M001. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of SAMHSA or NYS OASAS.